Thursday, August 16, 2012

TAKING IT

Some times it is hard to take it. No I am not talking about taking the pain. I am talking about taking it when people unload on me. In the past two days I have had four people "unload" on me for things that were not my error. I understand that in my work as a consultant it is part of my job to take it.  That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt my feelings a little when people yell at me about things that are not my fault or in my control. Yelling at me because the paperwork is not right and I didn't have anything to do with it.

I understand that I am diplomatic and will hear what people have to say which is why I am usually the person to take care of these situations. I take care of the difficult discussions. Usually these discussions roll off my back and I have a good attitude. But when I continually get criticized for things I had nothing to do with, I have a hard time keeping my upbeat attitude.

Tomorrow is another day and I will gather up my happy face and work from home!  That way I can take a break from the negative energy and get a new perspective.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!