Monday, August 6, 2012

Remembering Birthdays

Each month I look at my calendar and see the birthdays that occur that month.  I put the information in the back of my mind.  I try to remember to buy and send a card or send an email to each person on the list.  Most times I remember but sometimes I forget.

This month I forgot my good friend Elisa's birthday.  I thought about her birthday each day this month but two days before and on the day, it completely slipped my mind to mail the card and to send the email.  I don't know what it is.  Why I forget to send the greeting. Now I find myself writing about birthday greetings in this blog.  

Do you still send greeting cards?  I love getting cards in the mail.  I love opening a card especially when it is a funny card.  I have a friend who always sends the best funny cards.  I shop for cards for him all year long to find the perfect card for his birthday.  I want him to fall on the floor laughing.

Happy Birthday Elisa!

On a sad note, I am sending my thoughts out to the families and friends of those injured, killed and the survivors in Oak Creek, Wisconsin where the horrible tragedy occurred this weekend at the Sikh gurdwara.  As John Lennon sang, "give peace a chance."

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!