Sunday, August 19, 2012

PHONE CALL FROM A FRIEND

I got a phone call from a friend this morning.  My friend (I'll call her S) lives in the Netherlands now.  It was so great to hear from her.  I miss talking to her.  It is really hard when your friends move away.  I think how great it will be to visit them but then that reality never comes to pass.  I have a friend in Australia who keeps emailing me to come visit.  I am not sure I can get Brenda on a plane for that long of a trip. 

S and I spoke for over 30 minutes.  I heard all about her new job and I told her all about my lousy week.  It is so great to talk to your close friend about your week!  It is so different than talking to your girlfriend or boyfriend.  I find that your partner tries to "fix it".  They don't like it when someone hurts you so they don't want to hear about your lousy week.  A close friend will just listen and laugh with you.

I also got a phone call from another friend I have not heard from in awhile.  I don't think she read my posts from this week, I think it was just a coincidence.  We have not met up in quite a while due to my ankle issues.

Here's to catching up with friends!

Until tomorrow... 

2 comments:

  1. I have a lot of friends who live in other parts of the world, too, Adrienne, and I've lost touch over the years with most of them. It saddens me, but I guess that's just life, you know? On the other hand, it's great when a friend you don't get to see or talk to very often gets in touch. You're so right about partners and the way they react to hearing about bad days or weeks at work. I never thought of them feeling upset about others causing you hurt as the reason, though... thanks for that insight.

    I hope this week will be a whole lot better for you, work-wise, and that your ankle behaves itself! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!