Tuesday, August 28, 2012

APPOINTMENT MISSED

Okay, have you had this happen?  You look at the beginning of the week and you know you have a medical appointment on Wednesday morning.  Then on Tuesday morning you get a phone call saying you missed your appointment.  Now, you know you didn't make the appointment for Tuesday because you had another appointment for Tuesday morning. But the lady on the other side of the phone is insisting that you have an appointment for Tuesday morning that you just missed.

This has happened to me a few times.  Sometimes I am not so sure that it was me that made the mistake, but this time, I am sure it was not my mistake.  I had something scheduled on Tuesday so there is no way I would have scheduled another appointment on the same day.

Why does the medical office always assume that the patient made the mistake?  Isn't it possible that the office could have made the mistake?  They are human you know.  They just made it clear that the mistake had to be mine.  This time I made it clear that the mistake had to be theirs!  Okay, a little childish but it made me feel better.

Long story short, I have a new appointment on Friday and there is no cancellation fee to be paid!  Plus my calendar has opened for tomorrow morning!

My Enbrel finally arrived.  Just in time too.  I am starting a major flare.  Ugh!  Okay, it will be a good excuse to rest up this weekend. Catch a movie or two.

Until tomorrow...



1 comment:

  1. Ugh! I hate that. It's happened to me several times in the past year. I know exactly what you mean about questioning yourself but being sure it was their mistake (if only they were willing to admit it!).

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!